Read the post about my 2013 resolutions here.
In a nutshell I said I wanted to do these things below and here is an update on each item.
1. Lose weight, eat healthier, and exercise more. Done.
2. Be cuter – get some new clothes and fix my hair and wear makeup. Ehhh. I did have to get some new clothes because I lost weight. I did wear make-up some, but not a lot. I am okay with that. I pull my hair up in a ponytail 90% of the time.
3. Self-care like flossing and taking my contacts out every night? FAIL.
4. Blogging more regularly – probably about the same or a little better than 2012. Done.
5. Organizing the house – I cleaned out a few closets and cabinets and routinely make piles of stuff for goodwill. Kinda sorta halfway done but more to do.
6. Styling our home – I hung a few pictures and painted a couple of cabinets in the past year but this house is nowhere near where it needs to be. FAIL.
7. Photography – took exactly zero classes and slacked off on taking every day random photos of my kids. FAIL. Did not even attempt Project 365 but did successfully complete one month of Photo A Day on Instagram. I don’t think that counts…just saying.
8. Me time – I have done better with this in 2013! I have a monthly date night with a girlfriend and spent time alone at the gym and running. WIN!
9. Relationships – spending more time with friends. This one kind of goes with #8. I haven’t done any better at calling friends on the phone. I only see a couple of friends. I could do better and reconnecting/maintaining connections with friends that I don’t see out of convenience or coincidence.
10. Relationships – spending more quality time with my husband. Aside from the occasional night or weekend that the boys stay with Nana and Pop Pop, Ryan and I don’t get a whole lot of time alone. We are too tight (financially) to pay someone to watch the boys.
11. Finally, groceries/cooking – NO. I intended to plan meals for the week before going to the grocery store. I don’t have/make time to do this and I can’t see that changing. FAIL.
Well, I definitely see some progress in areas but there is work to do. This is giving me food for thought for my next post, my 2014 resolutions.
Happy New Year!!!